100,000 Page Views – An Appreciation

Appreciation Video

Click the link above to view my appreciation video!

It gives me great pleasure to acknowledge a new milestone achieved here at John’s Consciousness.com – the accumulation of 100,000 page views by more than 50,000 unique visitors. It has taken me almost ten years to get here, and while I understand that it is still a modest achievement in view of how long I’ve been writing, and in consideration of having reached this level as a result of the many efforts of both individual visitors and an equally modest loyal fan base, even just enduring these many years in order to accomplish the task feels like a reasonably sufficient reason to express my gratitude and acknowledge the important contributions of my readers over that time.

On the way to achieving this milestone there have been many wonderful people who have stopped by here at johns-consciousness.com, and hundreds of thoughtful and interesting comments posted over the years, from people all over the world. Over the next few weeks, I’ll be highlighting some of the most popular posts from nearly a decade of effort in this regard, and sharing some of the behind-the-scenes stories about how they came about and, in some cases, provide some follow-up to the stories I’ve shared from years past.

I encourage my readers and visitors to share their favorites if they are so inclined, and would be glad to respond to any genuine query about any of the subjects I’ve written about along the way.

Thank you all so much for your support, and I look forward to sharing more as we move forward!

With kind regards…John H.

About jjhiii24
Way back in 1973, as a young man embarking on the journey of a lifetime, I experienced what Carl Jung described as “the eruption of unconscious contents,” which compelled me to seek the path I continue to pursue to this day. The path of discovery has led me through an astonishingly diverse range of explorations in philosophy, science, and religion, as well as the many compelling ideas in the literature and scriptures of the cultures of the world. There is, in my view, a compelling thread made up of components of each, that runs through the fabric of life. The nature and study of human consciousness has been a compelling subject for me for more than twenty years. I have spent a great deal of my time and energies trying to come to terms with my own very particular “inner experience” of life, and to somehow understand how the events and flow of my temporal life have directly been influenced by the workings within. Sharing what I have come to understand about my own “Inner Evolution,” has tasked my intellect and communications skills in a big way. I am only just beginning to feel confident enough in the results of my study and contemplation to express the many various aspects of what I have uncovered within myself. I am hopeful that my own subjective and personal experience of my own “human spirit” will resonate with others, and encourage them to explore their own.

7 Responses to 100,000 Page Views – An Appreciation

1. simplywendi says:

Congratulations John! I am so very happy for you. Your video is awesome, loved the poem…….and a very blessed Memorial Day to you……..you are a hero!

2. jjhiii24 says:

Thank you so much, Wendi…it has been quite a ride…I wanted very much to express my gratitude to those people who shared the journey with me and acknowledge openly how important it was to have the participation of all those who visit. I love writing and would still continue even if people didn’t visit and comment, but it is so amazing to me that people from all over the world have tuned in and inspired many of my postings.

To me, the true heroes are first responders and front line workers of our current pandemic, as well as all the men and women in uniform in our military branches. I know first-hand what it takes to serve our country in difficult circumstances and admire those individuals much more, but I appreciate your kind words very much.

3. John I loved the video. And the music and poetry. What a lovely idea. It was wonderful to see you “in person” and to hear your voice. I can appreciate the amount of work involved but it was well worth the effort.
    with all best wishes
    A

• jjhiii24 says:

Thank you so much, Anthony! Your generous attention to my writing has been an especially appreciated contribution to this milestone for me. It’s rare in my experience to encounter other writers who not only share an enthusiasm for my writing interests, but who also have as keen a grasp of the material as you do.

Your contributions in response to my musings often press me to pursue my ideas further, and your own blog often inspires me to respond similarly. Our friendship has grown over time and has become a valuable asset to my writing aspirations. When I was creating the video, I took a bit of inspiration from your podcast, and added my own creative twist and it turned out well, I think.

I continue to be grateful for your generosity and valuable support for my writing efforts.

Kind regards…John H.

4. ptero9 says:

Wow! Congratulations, John. That is a big milestone. I may have missed a few, but I have always enjoyed your unique style of writing and of expressing your deeper self. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Debra

• jjhiii24 says:

Debra,

Thanks so much for your kind words and for your support and friendship over the years. You were one of the early commenters here all the way back in 2013 and I immediately felt as though we had a connection and shared ideas about a number of subjects. Your own blog content has often been of interest to me, and the quality of your writing and your grasp of your material is a great model for anyone with a serious interest in creating a quality blog. It’s a real challenge to maintain a publication schedule over a long period of time, but it’s worth it when you have a keen interest and a thorough familiarity with your subject like you have.

I’m so glad I came across your blog, and appreciate very much your continued interest in mine.

Kind Regards….John H.

• ptero9 says:

Aw, thank you, John. I appreciate your kindness. Writing is a challenge that seems to not only express in words some of what can only be articulated through a long, steady and faithful practice, but a practice that transforms the writer. It’s akin to meditation, for me.

Likewise, I feel a soul kinship with you through your writing. Here’s to blogging and another 100,000 page views!